Last week really seemed to inspire a lot of you. Thank you so much for the great feedback and for the tips you e-mailed back to me that worked for you. Here are a few I hope keep you inspired for this week.
- There are so many great ways to display your jewelry. One of my favorite ways to show off those amazing earrings you got from your best bud or that unique necklace you discovered at the flee market is by making a jewelry display using any picture frame you love.
Step 1: Find a picture frame you love. (Flea markets are the best for this. My favorite locally is the Long Beach Outdoor Antique Market.)
Step 3: Mount and hang the frame where you want to show off your bling and place nails or hooks (they can come in silver, gold, black, or you can spray-paint them any color you want) inside the frame for hanging your pieces.
Step 4: Enjoy all the compliments you receive from your new jewelry display!
- Stop struggling to find a top and bottom that match in your Tupperware drawer. Get rid of all the unmatched sets you have now and get a new, BPA free or glass set. It will be the best $20 - $40 you’ll spend this month.
Here are a few links to some great sets:
Snapware 36 Piece Glass Set - $40 with free shipping! I've seen these at Costco too for a little cheaper.
24 Piece BPA Free Set - $19.99 from Bed Bath and Beyond (But don't forget to use your coupon!)
- Save your countertop space for items you use daily. Only display things you use. If you don’t drink coffee daily, store it in your pantry instead of on the counter. Utilize the space you have.
- Do you have mounds of plastic bags from the grocery store? Place 10 of them into one bag to store for small trash liners and recycle the rest. Purchase reusable cloth bags for future visits to the store.
- Use a master list for your home. Place a dry erase board, chalkboard or tack board on your fridge, in your office or a place where all members residing in the home will see it. Use this not only for grocery lists but also as a form of communication in the home. Write down reminders, times and places. Jotting down occasional affirmations to your kids or roommates will also bring peace and appreciation to your home.
Get to work friends and send me pictures of how you're putting these Tips into action!